Thursday, January 12, 2012

West End Tavern

West End Tavern
18514 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, OH
(216) 521-7684
http://www.westendtav.com/

The Deal:
Tuesday
$1.00 Beef Tacos
$2.00 Corona & Cuervo

The Rating: 3.15/5.0
Overall Experience - 3.5
Taste - 3.25
Price - 5.00
Variety - 1.25 (ouch)
Shell - 2.75


We had a pretty small crew for this one.  So, the ratings are what they are.  Mediocre, I guess.

I really like West End.  I had only been there for brunch (which is ah-mazing, by the way), but it's a great little bar.  A lot of regulars sitting at the bar, and pretty good servers, too.  I've always thought about stopping in for dinner, and now I probably will after seeing the dinner menu.  It all sounds pretty good.  It was definitely pretty quiet that night, which surprised me after reading that it fills up pretty quickly.  We were the only table there.  Everyone else was seated at the bar.

Now... to the tacos.  I was pretty bummed to find there was no vegetarian option.  Nada.  C'mon, you can't throw some veggies and cheese in a taco shell?!  I ended up ordering a veggie quesadilla... but that just ended up bothering more.  It was really good, but they totally could have tossed the ingredients together and made it a taco.  I guess they preferred getting $6.00 out of it, instead of $1.00.  Can't blame 'em, but I can still bitch about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment